Learn. Experience. Navigate. Solve.
Not your typical summer program:
Living in a global society requires a new generation of thinkers and communicators. Spend three weeks this summer at Wake Forest University discovering how to change the way you learn, the way you think, and the way you lead. Together we will challenge the assumptions we hold of ourselves and of other cultures to become more effective global citizens.
LENS participants are rising juniors and seniors who live on Wake Forest’s beautiful Reynolda Campus and examine some of the world’s most pressing challenges through inter-disciplinary lenses. Join a diverse cohort of students eager to engage in a program of study based on global challenges. Wake Forest professors will teach you to explore complex issues and cultivate your potential to develop effective solutions. Engage in hands-on learning and inspiring conversations. Sharpen your critical writing and research skills.
Embrace new friendships, enjoy social activities, and become part of our collegiate community. Experience the college environment at its best through one of our exceptional academic opportunities: Global Sustainability or Cultural Crossroads. The choice is yours!
LENS Global Sustainability:
- June 28 – July 17, 2015
- Experiential Classroom – hands-on learning and energizing discussions
- Living Labs – excursions to see sustainability in action
- Writing Seminar – sharpen your writing by working with faculty and community partners to deliver real-world sustainability action plans
LENS Cultural Crossroads:
- July 6 – July 25, 2015
- Identity Forum – examine one’s identity and improve cross-cultural communication skills
- Immersion Excursions – visit local businesses, museums and academic settings to deepen cultural knowledge and understanding
- Language & Culture Seminar – examine language and culture of a community different from your own